Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Puzzles..

Writing is like a thousand piece puzzle in many ways. In the beginning, all that you have is a photo, or a picture in your mind of how it will turn out. However, it may take a long time to find all the right pieces to make that end product possible.

When you're putting the puzzle together, you often find yourself stuck in a rut, just staring at the pieces, wondering which one will fit. That is, until, out of the blue, you have a lead. And then you're on a roll. I am, at this moment, 'stuck in a rut'. I have been searching and searching for that promising lead for the past few weeks, but I still cant find that last piece of the puzzle for my story!

I am thinking about what should happen next, and I would like to ask a bit of input from you all. Do you think Alyssa is a freckly red-head, a short girl with wavy brown hair, or something completely different? How do you picture Brent? Draw a picture or dig those great descriptive words from the back of your brain, and when you comment, be sure to include them :). I love to hear what you have to say!

Enjoy the last few days of your summer, and thanks for all of your support!

Kajsa, one of the many writers who know Writers Block like the back of their hand.

1 comment:

  1. I’m thinking that Alyssa has not come from some clichéd movie such as Clueless ( either main character in that)that you’ve seen Kajsa, nor is she Miley Cyrus. But I suspect she has a talent she thinks is pretty average, because her mum keeps her grounded but in fact is amazing.
    For example she may be on the swim team and quite incredible but she’s surrounded by sensible people who don’t make a fuss about it but are quietly proud and she knows this… hmmm … much like you and your writing …
    I’m personally not sure there is such a thing as “Pretty” as some plain people have such spark they just exude style and beauty ( are you now thinking POOOOFFFFFFF , Miss Newbigin), and this dream boy understands talent before beauty, unlike her boyfriend, but I suspect she likes experimenting with clothes and style and is just naturally stylish. I think she gets this style from her Mum and old Year 6 teacher … you see she use to live overseas and still yearns for this life so is trying to emulate the people she met there.
    I’m looking forward to seeing what happens to her…. Kajsa , perhaps you should write on of your stories in to a play and film it… seriously you have a real teen market !

    ReplyDelete